One of the benefits of working with great partners like Lonely Planet is that they facilitate meetings with other cool travel partners … so I spent yesterday meeting people who are changing the way you travel the world.
Below are some great travel sites I’d like to pass along. If you can recommend others, please post ‘em in comments.
• Everyone’s heard of Kayak, right? They have an incredibly cool travel aggregation site – instead of hitting up each airline’s site to find the price, just go to Kayak and they’ll do the searching for you. Their weekly Buzz email tells you when it’s cheapest to travel to your chosen destinations.
• Looking for an adventure tour? The people at GAP Adventures, i-to-i Meaningful Travel, and World Expeditions all offer great trips that are more inspiring than your average “sitting on a beach, drinking cervezas, eating fish tacos” trip.
• If you’re planning a multi-stop trip around the world, the people at Airtreks can take the hassle out of planning and save you serious cash.
• Round the world trips might require travel insurance, and World Nomads has lots of options, including insurance for kidnapping and ransom (K&R for those in the know … like you are now).
• Need ideas on what to do when you get to your travel spot? Viator is great resource for information and tours.
I hope these resources help you plan your next getaway vacation. And nothing says vacation like a post-trip Blurb book of photos and stories of the trip!
(Photo is from my excursion to Baja last week, wherein I wonder how to get the truck to bring me more fish tacos.)