Last year I’m sure I got my Valentine something unbelievably fabulous – if only I could remember what it was. What I do recall is the card, because I spent forever coming up with a haiku for it. I may be a writer, but I think I pretty much established I’m no poet. So this year, in roughly the amount of time I spent agonizing over 15 syllables, I’m making my Valentine a book of our travels in Morocco. (I’ll probably make my sister a version of the book too, but with less mushy captions.)
To all you like-minded Blurbarians out there: we’ve got a deadline to consider. According to our Valentine’s Day FAQ, “Priority will be given to all orders placed before midnight on January 29 for ground shipping, and February 1 for 2nd Day Air.” Romantic procrastinators who order their books after January 29 but before February 1 may be able to squeak by and get their books delivered via regular UPS by V-Day. But since we’re expecting a rush, I for one am not going to chance it – and I work here.
Need a little inspiration to get started? We’ve had a lot of romantic books appear in the Bookstore lately. Here are a few for starters:
- The big day and even bigger cars are captured in Mims and Wavey: Their Wedding
- Romantic adventures unfold in Newfoundland, etc.: Chris and Carl’s Trip Across The Atlantic Provinces
- The story of a lifetime together begins in Raymond and Effie Adcock: The Early Years
- Bloggers get all snuggly in Spoon of my Heart
- And even dogs get their due in Mary Diset’s Dogs I’ve Hugged and Kissed
Got romantic notions of your own you care to share? Go ahead and gush below.