Are you a problem-solver, a great communicator and a “people person” who enjoys helping others? Do you love all things digital, photographic and technical? Are you looking for an opportunity to get involved with a cutting-edge start-up in San Francisco’s financial district? Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding job with great opportunity for career growth? If the answers to the above are yes, then the Community and Technical Support Specialist at Blurb may be the role for you.
The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for:
• Resolving the most challenging tech support incidents efficiently and successfully, primarily via e-mail
• Interfacing with product development and QA to pre-empt, escalate and/or resolve technical issues
• Leading technical support training for the entire customer support team, toward the goal of continuously increasing the overall technical knowledge of the team
• Managing the day-to-day implementation of Blurb’s emerging “community” strategy, including the management, moderation, evolution of user support forums
• Providing analysis of technical support trends and data
• Evaluating and improving technical support processes and policies, as appropriate
• Proven success in a technical support role at a consumer software company
• Expertise in building and managing web-based communities, including managing and moderating tech-related forums as part of a tech support role
• Power User knowledge of Windows and OS X platforms, familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies and solutions, familiarity with standard Windows and Mac desktop applications and basic understanding of various graphical file formats.
• Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility issues and experience with supporting multi-browser applications
• Expertise with digital photography, and the most common applications involved in editing and optimizing digital images (e.g. iPhoto, Picasa, Aperture, Adobe PhotoShop)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Proven problem-solving skills; ability to learn quickly; attention to detail
• Analytical skills – comfort with tools/processes involved in data-driven decision-making
• Comfort working in fast-paced, ambiguous environment – self-starting, ambitious and flexible
• Previous experience managing online forums related to digital photography
• Previous experience or expertise in publishing, printing and/or graphic design
• Previous experience at an early stage start-up
Interested? Send your resume to careers at blurb.com, with subject heading “Community and Technical Support Specialist.”
We’ll continue to post jobs on the blog as they come up.