If you’re making and ordering books for all the people on your list, here are some tips to help ensure all goes smoothly. These tips are tried and true – a good number of our dedicated Customer Support Representatives, team leads, and managers have been with Blurb through at least three holiday rushes, so we speak from experience.
Our goal is to make the entire process – from picking a bookmaking tool to creating and ordering your book to getting it to its destination – as stress-free as possible. Have a question? Contact us. Customer support is available 24/7 in seven languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese. We aim to reply to your emails within a few hours.
Our top tips for avoiding panic over the holiday season are:
- Order books early. Our books take from 7 to 10 days to arrive once you order. We don’t offer rush service but we do offer up to three shipping options depending on your shipping address. Follow our holiday deadlines carefully and you should be fine.
- Make a proof book if you plan on ordering multiple copies. That way, you will have time to make any changes and still get your order when you need it. Orders of 199 or more books take a few days extra to produce so please keep that in mind.
- Take advantage of special savings. Have a coupon/voucher discount code? Here’s how to use it.
- Plan out your project carefully. Generally, PDF to Book projects take longer than Bookify projects to complete so time your bookmaking accordingly.
- Try not to wait until the last moment to upload your book project. If your upload fails for one reason or the other (internet issues, firewall problems, etc.) right at the deadline, you’ll put yourself through some unnecessary stress. Failed uploads are not predictable so please use our deadlines as guidance and get your orders in as early as possible. We just don’t want you to be disappointed.
- Follow our Forums and Facebook page for ideas and inspiration, but don’t post CS issues there as it actually take longer for us to help you. If you have an issue, please contact us directly at blurb.com/help.
- Give Customer Support time to respond to questions. If you’ve contacted us and received an email confirmation, we will get back to you as soon as we can, usually within a couple of hours. Sending multiple emails is like pushing the elevator button multiple times; it may make you feel better but won’t speed things up and in the case of Customer Support issues, it will actually increase the time it takes for us to respond to your original question.
- Please don’t call us. We don’t have phone support and calling miscellaneous phone numbers you’ve found in Google won’t help you. Again, this will only increase the amount of time it takes for us to assist you. Filling out our support form will get you the fastest reply.
Finally, if the weather is bad around the time of your delivery, don’t panic. We have weathered (pun intended) many severe storms over the past years – in the U.S. and in Europe – and in the event the great storm of December 2012 happens, we will work with shipping partners to make sure your books deliver on time.
Our support staff is just a click away. Happy bookmaking – here’s to the best gifts ever!