Time to prove the whole “a picture is worth a thousand words” thing. Check out the Blurb proof book that Jason Stratton Photography made.
Pro photographers use proof books to display all of a client’s images in one bound compilation. This lets the client easily view, select, and order prints. Putting photos into a book can be done in lieu of proof sheets. In about the same amount of time it takes to process proof sheets and get them to the customer, you can create a proof book using BookSmart and have it in front of your customer in less than 10 days.
We’ve pulled together a few tips to make your proof books that much easier to make.
- Make the entire proof book process easier by using BookSmart’s autoflow feature.
- To control the layout during autoflow, create a page, select the layout, then duplicate the page enough times so autoflow supports your layout of choice.
- Find the perfect layout. Of all our Photo Layouts, many find the nine-images-with-captions layout to be good for proof books.
- Need to include photo ID numbers? Create contact sheets in Photoshop or InDesign and drop them in as .jpeg or .png files. Or add captions on your own in BookSmart.
- Add an extra layer of customization by tailoring the soft or hardcover to the client with your best image and personalized text.
We know there are a lot of proof book users out there. Any other tips you can pass along to fellow Blurbarians?