The Photography.Book.Now International Salon and Symposium just announced the distinguished panel of jurors for its photography book competition.
Head Judge Darius Himes, co-founder of Radius Books, will lead the following panel of editors, publishers, curators, and photographers in judging the competition:
• Jen Bekman, Jen Bekman Gallery
• Elisabeth Biondi, The New Yorker
• Frish Brandt, Fraenkel Gallery
• Charlotte Cotton, Los Angeles County Museum of Art
• Stephen Gill, Photographer
• Lesley A. Martin, Aperture Books
• Alan Rapp, Chronicle Books
• Kathy Ryan, The New York Times
• Brian Ulrich, Photographer
• Denise Wolff, Phaidon Press
You can read their bios here. Members of the jury will help select the winning photography books including the recipient of the grand prize award: $25,000 towards the photography project of the winner’s choice. To enter, photographers must visit photographybooknow.com and submit their photography books by July 14, 2008.
Call for Entries: Photography.Book.Now is accepting entries in two categories, General and Themed. The General category celebrates the diversity of the photographic medium, and gives entrants the creative freedom to produce the book of their choice. The Themed category invites any topic, concept, or collection of work that demonstrates how photography can create a narrative in book form. Complete entry guidelines and rules are available on the website.