A few weeks ago we unveiled the new Blurb plug-in for use with Adobe® Photoshop Lightroom® and Blurb Bookify™. Since then, Lightroom fans have been taking advantage of this powerful bookmaking duo and rolling out beautiful books.
One of those fans is Jay Graham, professional photographer, Lightroom pro, and avid Blurb bookmaker. Graham recently talked with Adobe over at Photoshop.com about Lightroom’s new features. Here’s what he had to say about using the new plug-in:
“It makes gathering photos in Lightroom and publishing a book through Blurb a simple, linear task. I make a quick collection of the raw images I want to feature in the book, hit the export button, make some layout and style selections, and Lightroom and Blurb do the rest. If I decide to use captions and titles with the photos, the plug‐in uses the metadata from each image file to automatically annotate each photo. All I have to do is finalize the layout and order the book. Easy, quick, and no math needed. Blurb and Lightroom take care of all the details behind the scene.”
Lightroom is also a big hit among the Blurb staff and we wanted to share the love — so guess what? Our good friends at Adobe gave us three copies to giveaway.
Presenting Blurb’s Lightroom Giveaway. Here’s how to enter:
- Make sure you “Like” us on Facebook.
- Go to the Blurb Bookstore (staff picks is a good place to start) and find the Blurb book that you think makes the best use of light in the photography. Choose a favorite.
- Click the “Share” link under the book cover and then on the Facebook icon (It’s OK to “Like” the book too, but it won’t enter you in the contest).
- In the text box, post a comment explaining what you like about the lighting and add “@blurbbooks” to your comment. Be sure to select us from the drop-down menu so we can track your submission:
- Click “Share Link”
Do all of the above and you’ll be entered. We’ll pick our top-three favorite comments (you must allow “Friends of Friends” or “Everyone” to see “Your status, photos, and posts” and have “Everyone Can Send You Messages” enabled in your Facebook Privacy Settings). All entries must be received by Sunday, June 26. See below for more details.
* Qualified entries must be made using the Facebook Share function on the Blurb Bookstore. All entries will be shared on the Blurb Books Facebook wall and must include @blurbbooks and a note describing the use of light in a particular Blurb book. Note that your privacy settings must allow “Your status, photos, and posts” to be viewable by “Everyone” or “Friends of Friends” for your comment to be posted. We must be able to contact you through Facebook, so please have your message settings set to “everyone can send you messages.” All entries must be submitted between 12:01 AM (local time) on Tuesday, June 21 and 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, June 26. One entry per person. Winners will be notified the week of June 27, 2011. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 prizes are Mac and PC compatible. Actual value of the prize is $299 USD. Blurb is the sponsor and Facebook and Adobe are not sponsors, endorsers or administrators of this promotion.