Our London Pop-Up Shop got off to a great start last night with a party that marked the pop-up’s beginning and the end of our celebratory EU Photography Book Now (PBN) events. London came out in force, despite the tube strikes, to raise a glass to the opening night of what is set to be an exciting 12 days of workshops, events, and author appearances.
Last night we were joined by PBN winners Thijs groot Wassink and Ruben Lundgren and honourable mention Marcus Bastel, who gave us a short talk about their work and inspirations. And whilst this marks the end to the 2010 Photography Book Now competition, it is only the beginning of what is set to be an incredible pop-up event in London.
If you’re in the London area, come by. We have some great events lined up. Here a few you won’t want to miss next week:
On Sunday, 7 November
• Anton Kusters, PBN Editorial category winner, will share some of his insights and talk about his winning book 893 Magazine. RSVP and details here.
• Dutch photographers Thijs groot Wasskink and Ruben Lundren will present the making of their PBN winning book,Portfolio. Get the details and RSVP.
• Peter Marshall will tell the story of his book Before the Olympics, The Lea Valley 1981 – 2010. The main site for the London 2012 Olympics is at Stratford Marsh in the Lower Lea Valley, and Marshall started photographing the area 30 years before the games. Get the details and RSVP.
On Monday, 8 November
• Magnum photographer Peter Marlow will talk about his 30-year career and his recent Blurb book, “Somebody.” He’ll be joined by other Magnum photographers for a Q&A session. Come learn from the pros. Get the details and RSVP.
• How-to, Hands-on Bookmaking sessions with our Customer Support team. We’re offering two sessions. Join us and get your Christmas book started (and maybe even finished!). RSVP and join us. We’d love to see you.
As mentioned, the fun, creativity, and inspiration continues until 14 November, so find some time and stop by. By the way, our how-to bookmaking sessions run every day and we’re always happy to talk with you about our books, your books, and books, photography, and design in general. Hope to see you at the pop-up!