Same as the old BookSmart? Hardly. While some earlier releases were built around new features, layouts, and design options, this time we focused on performance. Basically, we souped up the engine. There are some new design options in this version too, but what you’ll notice most is that BookSmart rocks harder. We’ve highlighted some of the specifics below.
We improved our text engine:
• When you copy and paste text into BookSmart from another application, your text will retain its formatting.
• Text handling across multiple containers and pages flows better. In fact, the entire text experience is significantly improved.
• We’ve improved the page layout handling. Selecting layouts and switching things around handles better.
• Books created in older versions of BookSmart can now access all layouts in the new version, not just those that were available when the book was created. Remember: Any layouts that have been removed in the newest version of BookSmart can still be used in old books by selecting the desired page and using Duplicate Layout.
• The font menu now features every font’s plain-text name and WYSIWYG styling that shows what each font looks like.
• The font color menu now remembers your recent font colors.
We added some new creative elements too:
• The baby, cat, and dog themes have been gone for a while, but we brought back their backgrounds, borders, and ornaments.
• We added four new collage layouts.
Most importantly, we debugged, debugged, and debugged some more. We’ve been testing it hard and have eliminated the top 5 bugs reported by our customers. The result is that BookSmart 1.9.4 performs better than anything we’ve released to date. Of course you can expect further improvements and innovations later this year, but we hope you’ll download this latest version and let us know what you think. We think you’re going to feel the difference right away.
Goods news: Everybody is excited to download BookSmart.
Bad news: Everybody is doing it at once.
If you encounter any hiccups, try it again in a few minutes. No need to panic.