When I get a Viva Voce email, I expect it to mention tour dates or what they are releasing on colored vinyl. I do not expect a recipe for guacamole.
Kara Zuaro has changed that. She is the author of I Like Food, Food Tastes Good, a cookbook with recipes from over 100 bands. She recruited Viva Voce to contribute. Damn. Now every time I listen to Lovers, Lead the Way!, I’m going to get hungry.
Expect dishes for vegetarians or carnivores from Interpol, Death Cab for Cutie, Belle & Sebastian, My Morning Jacket, They Might Be Giants, and others who can wield guitars and kitchen utensils. Here are just a few of the recipes:
- Franz Ferdinand – Lemon Ginger Flapjacks
- Drive-By Truckers – Sissy’s Banana Pudding
- Roots of Orchis – Sweet Potato Biscuits and Vegan Vegetable Gravy
- Camera Obscura – Vegetarian Paella
- Slowdive – Chicken Filo Pesto with Puy Puy
- Nada Surf – Patriot Act Mojitos