For those of you who don’t know about SmugMug, let us introduce you. SmugMug is a great online photo sharing, archiving, and printing site. Just ask Jay Graham. Jay is a pro photographer (who happens to be married to a member of the Blurberati) and after trying out similar photo archiving sites, he switched to SmugMug in 2009.
When we asked Jay what he likes about SmugMug, he sent us this list of his favorite features:
• The ability to customize his SmugMug page with his website look and feel.
• The ease and flexibility with which he can watermark his photos, track downloads, and manage pricing and print sales.
• The complete integration with Adobe® Lightroom® and Blurb.
• SmugMug’s sense of humor (“It’s a friendly site with a personality,” says Jay.)
Jay has used the SmugMug photo slurper to make Blurb books. In fact, the last book he made with SmugMug and Blurb took him a blistering twenty minutes. Pretty simple and fast (and definitely way below the average time he takes for most of his Blurb books!).
Here’s an opportunity to experience SmugMug for yourself (and get some goodies):
• Give SmugMug a “like” on their Facebook page and add a comment about what book you’d like to make with Blurb and SmugMug.
• Be automatically entered for a chance to win a one-year Pro subscription to SmugMug (a US$150 value) and a $100 Blurb gift certificate. The invitation is open to Blurbarians the world over.
SmugMug is also offering Blurbarians 20% off all subscription levels (Basic, Power, and Pro) until June 16. To learn more, go here. To take advantage of this offer, type in the code BLURBSMUG20 when you sign up for SmugMug.
Happy photo sharing, storing, and printing!