Blurb is a company and a community that believes passionately in the power of books: making, reading, sharing, and selling them. Blurb’s creative publishing service is simple and smart enough to make anyone an bookmaker – every blogger, cook, creative professional, photographer, traveler, entrepreneur, poet, everyone. Located in downtown San Francisco and funded by Canaan Partners and Anthem Venture Partners, Blurb is bringing book publishing to the masses. If you love working on cutting-edge design and engineering projects, never get on a bus or a plane without a book in hand, and can’t pass by a bookstore without that urge to browse – you could be an ideal candidate to join our Web team.
We’re looking for a top-notch, full-time Web Production Engineer to join our design team. The ideal candidate will work closely with the creative, engineering, and marketing teams. This is an on-site position, located in the hub of SF’s financial district.
• Support the content and design deliverables for Blurb’s Web site and interactive products
• Develop optimized/cross platform front-end code
• Slice designs and produce Web-optimized graphics
• Make site-wide content changes and updates
• Produce and support Web video and podcast players
• Collaborate with content managers, designers, and Web product engineers
• 3+ years of relevant web development experience
• A BS degree or higher, preferably in CS or Design
• Experience with front-end design tools (Photoshop, Fireworks, or Image Ready)
• Works well alone and with a team, including experience with a change control system such as SVN or CVS
• Show dexterity and flexibility in handling multiple projects and priorities
• Excellent communication skills
• Prior experience developing for Ruby on Rails, AJAX,
• Experience in producing and optimizing Web videos
Blurb is a startup, which means you’ll likely wear multiple hats and be involved in various aspects of designing, building, and running the business. We are looking for smart, innovative people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. We have a world-class team drawn from companies such as Apple, Taschen Publishers, Chronicle Books, Smart Design, MetaDesign, Method, Lonely Planet, Sony, Intuit, Microsoft, Corbis, Kodak, Yahoo, and CNet.
To apply, please send resume and links to previous projects to designjobs at blurb dot com.